It's been a while since I have been here. Hopefully, I will be more regular for a while.
I want to start by wishing my 6 to 8 readers a Merry Christmas. I know. It's the day after Christmas. Sorry.
Now, here's what I got...in random order.
1) The complete boxed set of all of the episodes of Monty Python's Flying Circus. Oh, yeah!! From Rachel and Christi.
2) A nice, red warmup suit from Stephanie. I'm wearing it now.
3) A boxed DVD set of both of the Toy Story movies and A Bug's Life from Christi (I just wanted the Toy Story movies...the other was a bonus.). It's used because the PTBs at Disney have decided not to sell that for a while.
4) The DVD/CD of Coldplay Live 2003 from Christi. Yeah!
5) A DVD of The Nightmare Before Christmas. One of the best halloween movies Ev-Er! From Christi.
6) The DVD of U2s live concert in that castle thingy in Ireland. I think it's called "Go Home," or something like that. From Rachel Thanks, sweetie!!
7) A $25 Best Buy gift card from a friend at work.
8) A $50 Best Buy gift card from my mother-in-law and Don
9) A $50 Best Buy gift card from my sister-in-law, Karen.
In case you are mathematically challenged, that's $125 worth of Best Buy Gift cards. Woohoo!! Gonna have fun with that!
10) The new Stephen King book The Dark Tower V: The Wolves of the Calla from Christi.
11) A DVD of Daniel Amos Live at Anaheim in 1985 from Christi. If you don't know, I can't explain it to you.
12) A new HP printer/copier/scanner that has digital camera card slots in the front and does a wonderful job of printing said camera pictures! From Christi.
13) A cool clock with a lighthouse on it from my 'rents.
14) A way cool vintage guitar calendar also from said 'rents.
15) A strange little paperweight/magnifying glass shaped like a starfish. See above.
16) A used songbook with a whole bunch of Beatles songs for guitar. See above above.
17) A $500 check for Christi and me from those wonderful parents! Probably to be used for the impending California vacation in March.
18) A white dress shirt from my father-in-law and his wife.
19) Suspenders with musical notes on them from same.
20) Various stocking stuffers including my favorite cinnamon Altoids and some Skittles mints.
A great Christmas, and we had a really great day yesterday. And now, I will do what I intended to do yesterday. Here is what Christmas is all about.
The Birth of Jesus
1About that time Caesar Augustus ordered a census to be taken throughout the Empire. 2This was the first census when Quirinius was governor of Syria. 3Everyone had to travel to his own ancestral hometown to be accounted for. 4So Joseph went from the Galilean town of Nazareth up to Bethlehem in Judah, David's town, for the census. As a descendant of David, he had to go there. 5He went with Mary, his fiancˇe, who was pregnant.
6While they were there, the time came for her to give birth. 7She gave birth to a son, her firstborn. She wrapped him in a blanket and laid him in a manger, because there was no room in the hostel.
An Event for Everyone
8There were sheepherders camping in the neighborhood. They had set night watches over their sheep. 9Suddenly, God's angel stood among them and God's glory blazed around them. They were terrified. 10The angel said, "Don't be afraid. I'm here to announce a great and joyful event that is meant for everybody, worldwide: 11A Savior has just been born in David's town, a Savior who is Messiah and Master. 12This is what you're to look for: a baby wrapped in a blanket and lying in a manger."
13At once the angel was joined by a huge angelic choir singing God's praises:
14Glory to God in the heavenly heights,
Peace to all men and women on earth who please him.
15As the angel choir withdrew into heaven, the sheepherders talked it over. "Let's get over to Bethlehem as fast as we can and see for ourselves what God has revealed to us." 16They left, running, and found Mary and Joseph, and the baby lying in the manger. 17Seeing was believing. They told everyone they met what the angels had said about this child. 18All who heard the sheepherders were impressed.
19Mary kept all these things to herself, holding them dear, deep within herself. 20The sheepherders returned and let loose, glorifying and praising God for everything they had heard and seen. It turned out exactly the way they'd been told!
Merry Christmas everyone who happens across this diary. May you find the joy of the Christ child this season.